In this section...
- Delightful contemporary villa
- Spacious and elegant
- Stunning sea and mountain views
- Private swimming pool
- Beach and restaurant 10-minute drive
Perched on a hillside with far-reaching views over maquis-clad slopes to the infinite blue of Calvi bay, this impressive new villa is one of the largest in our programme, ideal for a group or two families. The generous open-plan layout, with contemporary and comfortable interiors, gives a great sense of space, further enhanced by giant picture windows and a wraparound sun terrace off the main living area. There’s a second terrace by the pool, where you can find a sunny spot to stretch out and enjoy this fine vantage point all day.
The five main bedrooms are en-suite; two on the upper floor with one bedroom enjoying stunning views, while those downstairs benefit from direct access to the terrace and gardens. A sixth studio bedroom with a separate entrance works well for a nanny or anyone seeking a little extra privacy. Villa Monte Ortu is accessed via an unmade track but it’s just 15 minutes by car to Calvi and only 20 minutes to Ile Rousse.
- 5 bedroom villa with studio (sleeps 13)
- Large open-plan living/dining/kitchen area with TV, DVD player
- Kitchen includes hob, electric oven, fridge-freezer, microwave, dishwasher
- Double bedroom (180 x 200cm bed) with TV and en-suite shower room with WC
- Double bedroom (140 x 190cm bed) with en-suite shower room with WC
- 2 double bedrooms (160 x 200cm beds) with en-suite shower room with WC; access to terrace
- Children’s triple bedroom (90 x 185cm beds) with en-suite shower room with WC; access to terrace
- Double studio bedroom (140 x 190cm bed) with en-suite shower room and WC; separate entrance on lower level terrace
- Complimentary WiFi
- Air-conditioned throughout
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer, pool and bath towels provided
- Washing machine
- Terrace with dining area and gas barbecue, leads round to living room balcony
- Private swimming pool on lower level 10m x 5m (depth 0.9m – 1.6m) security alarm, Roman steps
- Young children to be supervised due to steep slopes around the garden
- Access to villa is via an unmade track
- 1 week holidays – includes a light mid-stay clean on Wednesday (no bed linen or towel change)
- 2 week holidays – includes a light clean mid-week on Wednesday and bed linen/towel change at the end of the week
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
Villa access times
- Check-in time – 3.00pm
- Check-out time – 9.00am
- Beach (Arinella/St Ambroggio) 10min drive
- Restaurant 10min drive
- Calvi 15min drive
- Ile Rousse 20min drive
- Bastia airport 1hr 30min drive
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2-3 guests – 1 Group C, VW Golf or similar*
- 4 guests – 1 Group H, Citroen C4 Picasso or similar*
- 5 guests – 1 Group K, Peugeot 5008 or similar*
- 6 guests – 2 Group C, VW Golf or similar*
- 7 guests – 1 Group C, VW Golf, and 1 Group H, Citroen C4 Picasso, or similar*
- 8 guests – 2 Group H, Citroen C4 Picasso or similar*
- 9 guests – 1 Group H, Citroen C4 Picasso, and 1 Group K, Peugeot 5008, or similar*
- 10 guests – 2 Group K, Peugeot 5008 or similar*
- 11 guests – 2 Group K, Peugeot 5008, and 1 Group C, VW Golf, or similar*
- 12-13 guests – 2 Group K, Peugeot 5008, and 1 Group H, Citroen C4 Picasso, or similar*
* All our cars include comprehensive insurance with zero excess. For this particular destination, the undercarriage is not included in the cover.
Group C – 1-1.6 litre engine, 1 small and 1 large suitcase
Group H – 1.1-1.6 litre engine, 2 small and 2 large suitcases
Group K – 1.2-1.6 litre engine, 2 small and 2 large suitcases
The following cars are available as alternatives on request (supplements apply). Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group H – Citroen C4 Picasso or similar, 1.1-1.6 litre engine, 2 small and 2 large suitcases
Group K – Peugeot 5008 or similar, 1.2-1.6 litre engine, 2 small and 2 large suitcases
Group L – Renault Captur Automatic or similar, 1.1-1.6 litre engine, 1 small and 1 large suitcase
Group E – SUV Renault Kadjar or similar, 1.1-1.6 litre engine, 2 small and 1 large suitcase
Group G – VW Coccinelle CC Cabriolet or similar, 1.2-1.6 litre engine, 1 large suitcase
Group N – 9-seater Ford Transit or similar, 1.2-1.6 litre engine, 1 small and 1 large suitcase
Group O – 7-seater Ford Tourneo or similar, 1.2-1.6 litre engine, 1 small and 1 large suitcase
We had a wonderful family holiday in beautiful Villa Monte Ortu. We thoroughly enjoyed all our excursions, meals out and meals in. We were sad to leave, but sure to be back.
The Jackson Family – May 2018
Beautiful villa – works perfectly for two families with teens, incredible views, fantastic pool and good location, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay!
The Ruppel Family – July 2017
Plenty of space for a group of nine to be together or spend time apart. We all enjoyed wonderful sunsets from the terrace and the views were just stunning.
Mrs Akin – July 2017
Our stay at Villa Monte Ortu was amazing. From the second we walked in to the minute we started packing up to leave we were always smiling and having fun. One of our favourite activities was the kayak on Algajola beach. Jenny and Debbie have been amazing for organising places for us to go. The pool was lovely and with beautiful views over the stunning mountains. We hope that you enjoy your stay at Villa Monte Ortu.
The Bull & Thompson Families – July 2017
We have enjoyed the most amazing week in Corsica – first visit and hoping it won't be our last! The villa was great, fabulous location, and kept all three generations entertained. Calvi beach was a firm favourite, especially with the children who enjoyed the beach activities. Lots of restaurants to choose from in Calvi. The best restaurant was simply enjoying our meals at this villa beautiful sunsets. Debbie had fantastic advice on places to go. All in all, a fab week!
The Atcheson Family – June 2017
We've had a wonderful time in a wonderful villa and loved the pool and sunsets from the balcony especially. Fabulous week, going home well rested.
Mary & Novak – May 2017
Fabulous, spacious villa with amazing views. Suited the 10 of us perfectly. We enjoyed walking down the coast and driving through the local villages. Calvi is a must, especially in the evenings. Thank you, a great holiday.
The Fox Family – July 2016
It was truly wonderful to come back again this year and we loved revisiting our favourite beaches. Bodri especially. It has been lovely watching the sunrises and sunsets from such a beautiful spot – can't wait to come back again next year – thank you Debbie too.
The Gisborne Family – July 2016
Lovely spacious villa with a wonderful pool. Really enjoyed our welcome hamper and Debbie's advice was invaluable. The countryside is amazing and we feel we have seen and experienced the real Corsica. Thank you Debbie.
Mr Packham – August 2015
Villa was great. Couldn't have been better. Amazing views. Very rested and sad to be leaving.
Mrs Gresham – August 2015
Excellent choice of holidays with wonderful accommodation. When you work hard for your holidays, it's good to know that you'll be staying somewhere clean and comfortable in a great location.
Mrs Clements – May 2015
Villa Monte Ortu was absolutely lovely, the pool beautiful and views amazing!
Mrs Gisborne – July 2015
Our choice of Corsican properties is as diverse as the island itself, ranging from simple seaside charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal. To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
With fishermen mending their nets by the harbour, Calvi’s maritime heritage remains intact. However, the town has gained a new lease of life in the cafés and bars along Quai Landry, linking the marina and the port, with stretches of beach beyond.
Inland, the unspoilt beauty of The Balagne tells a different story of mountain wildernesses and the island's unspoilt and uniquely fragrant maquis. Follow the Route des Artisans through terracotta-tiled hilltop villages, overlooking a landscape of forests and mountains, and you’ll also find that an excellent glass of local wine is never far away.
View holiday Booking Conditions